Peru Rafting Trips
Mountains and Jungles
Inka Trail to MachuPicchu
"Chando, I meant to email you sooner to thank you for a wonderful trip. I can say on all our behalfs it was an experiance of
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu Trip Itinerary
DAY 1: KM 82:
We start our trek escorted by native "quechua¨ porters going through semi-arid terrain along the Urubamba River valley, with magnificent views of the snow capped mountain, Veronica (20,200’). An easy introductory day of no more than a 4 hours walk. Arriving at camp with in view of Llactapata, an ancient Inca citadel that protected the entry to two valleys, one of them leading to the inka trail to MachuPicchu. You will enjoy this less visited camp away from the crowds. (L+D)
DAY 2 : LLACTAPATA / LLULLUCHA
After a healthy breakfast, we walk past the Inca Hamlet of Huayabamba, where most of the other trekkers camp. In the afternoon you will be going through a unique Andean cloud forest, afterwards arriving at our camp, at Llulluchapampa 3,600 meters altitude (B+L+D).
DAY 3 : LLULLUCHA / PHUYUPATAMARCA
Today, the first part of the trek takes us to the Warmiwañuska Pass at 4,200 meters. Walking on a remarkably preserved Inca trail, we pass ancient archaeological sites half covered by dense jungle overgrowth. A most rewarding day, with dream like landscapes of the Inca Trail to Machupichu, orchids, ferns multi colored birds and humming birds provide the ideal backstage. We make our camp at Phuyupatamarca (¨City Above the Clouds¨), a set of ancient ritual baths, where ancient travelers on the Inca trail to MachuPicchu will stop to bathe and purify themselves before arriving to the sacred Sanctuary .You can do the same and transport yourself to the past. In the camp you will enjoy spectacular views of snow- covered Andean ranges, such as the Salcantay 6,200 meters and Veronica 6100 meters. (B+L+D).
DAY 4 : PHUYUPATAMARCA / MACHU PICCHU
After about three and a half-hours walking, you will arrive to the Inti punku, (Gates of the Sun), where a magnificent view will be printed in you mind; the Sanctuary of Machupicchu, the ¨Lost City of the Incas¨. Late afternoon train back to Cusco. (B+L)
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- International or Local Airfare
- Meals while in the cities
- Sleeping bag
- Personal equipment and clothing
- Private transportation to the head of the trail
- 3 Nights in double-occupancy tents
- Dining tent with tables and stools, mattres
- Kitchen tent and latrine tent
- Professional, bilingual guide, cook and porters
- VISTADOME train back to Cusco.
- Transfer from the train station to your hotel in Cusco
- Clients do not carry anything but a day pack.
- Sleeping bag rental US $ 5.00 per day.
- We provide you with an insulite mattress, if you want to Up-Grade, for a therma-rest mattress, the cost is US $ 5.00 per day.
- Advise if vegetarian diet is required.
- Single tent supplement US $ 15.00
Make Your Reservation
COST: Premium Service
- From 2 participants U.S.$ 797.00 each
- From 3 to 5 participants U.S.$ 677.00 each
- From 6 to 8 participants U.S.$ 597.00 each
- From 9 to 16 participants U.S.$ 547.00 each